Here Comes The Earnings Boom LPL Research reviews an incredible earnings season and speculates on a potentially strong earnings rebound for 2021 and beyond. Find out more in today’s Weekly Market Commentary, available at 1 p.m. ET. Daily Insights US stocks open higher after last week’s bond market volatility subsides
- Europe’s Stoxx 600 Index rises the most in three months
- Asian markets strong overnight with Japan’s Nikkei leading the pack
- S&P 500 Index earnings growth for the fourth quarter is tracking to a 3.8% year-over-year increase, roughly 13 percentage points above prior expectations.
- Earnings estimates for 2021 have impressively increased 4% year to date since January 1.
- Monday—Construction spending (Jan.), Markit’s Purchasing Manager’s Index (Feb.), Institute for Supply Management (ISM) manufacturing report (Feb.).
- Wednesday— Markit PMI Services (Feb.), ISM Services report (Feb.), and ADP Employment (Feb.), and Auto Sales.
- Thursday—Weekly initial unemployment claims, productivity (Q4), durable and factory orders (Jan). Fed Chair Jay Powell speaks.
- Friday—Payroll employment (Feb.), trade balance (Jan.), consumer credit (Jan.).
- We wrap up Q4 earnings season with 11 S&P 500 companies reporting results.
- The number of patients currently hospitalized with COVID-19 has fallen to the lowest level since October 2020.
- Western Europe continues to battle rising cases of the B117 variant of the virus.
- The Food and Drug Administration officially approved the Johnson & Johnson vaccine for emergency use authorization.
This material is for general information only and is not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. There is no assurance that the views or strategies discussed are suitable for all investors or will yield positive outcomes. Investing involves risks including possible loss of principal. Any economic forecasts set forth may not develop as predicted and are subject to change.
References to markets, asset classes, and sectors are generally regarding the corresponding market index. Indexes are unmanaged statistical composites and cannot be invested into directly. Index performance is not indicative of the performance of any investment and do not reflect fees, expenses, or sales charges. All performance referenced is historical and is no guarantee of future results.
Any company names noted herein are for educational purposes only and not an indication of trading intent or a solicitation of their products or services. LPL Financial doesn’t provide research on individual equities.
All information is believed to be from reliable sources; however, LPL Financial makes no representation as to its completeness or accuracy.
All index and market data are from FactSet and MarketWatch.
This Research material was prepared by LPL Financial, LLC.
Securities and advisory services offered through LPL Financial (LPL), a registered investment advisor and broker-dealer (member FINRA/SIPC).
Insurance products are offered through LPL or its licensed affiliates. To the extent you are receiving investment advice from a separately registered independent investment advisor that is not an LPL affiliate, please note LPL makes no representation with respect to such entity.
Not Insured by FDIC/NCUA or Any Other Government Agency
Not Bank/Credit Union Guaranteed
Not Bank/Credit Union Deposits or Obligations
May Lose Value