Mark R. Brown chatting with Spyder Skiwear Founder, Olympian, racecar driver and longtime client, David Jacobs.
* David Jacobs and Spyder Skiwear are not affiliated with LPL Financial
increases your options
- We help refine your goals in hope to understand your aspirations, family dynamics and concerns. Then we prioritize objectives and the horizons that we strive to achieve.
- To design a retirement plan, we discuss what you are looking for (i.e. standard of living) before building a personalized Retirement Shock Absorber®, calculating such things as rate of withdrawal, risk profile, time horizon and portfolio allocation.
- With investment planning we evaluate your risk tolerance before developing any strategies, which involve current asset allocation and investments. Afterwards, we select investment managers and assess tax implications, before we finally monitor and re-balance.
- Estate Planning should feel effortless. We get to know your family dynamics and legacy plans, coordinate with estate planners and attorneys, manage estate taxes, and implement wealth transfer, before offering you a full analysis, and developing a retirement income plan.
- Risk Management allows us to assess existing insurance coverage or lack thereof, before evaluating assets, goals, income, and liability protection. We also coordinate these findings with insurance specialists and attorneys.
- Tax Planning involves developing income and withdrawal plans, managing and accessing tax consequences of your portfolio, and conducting tax-loss harvesting. We also coordinate these findings with the appropriate CPAs and accountants.
- Education Planning is smart and we like to make it simple. We discuss educational goals, evaluate savings vehicles, and determine appropriate investments for your educational fund.
- Philanthropic Planning is about making your passion happen. We assess endowment funds, charitable bequests, private family foundations, and charitable remainder trusts.
OUR PLANNING PROCESS
IS A TWO-WAY STREET
Your values, concerns, priorities, and objectives are unique. Your financial plan should be one-of-a-kind, too. We start by asking questions so we can understand what you value most. Then we work to marry your situation and goals effectively.
After designing and implementing your personalized financial plan, we monitor its performance, keeping in close contact with you and amending your plan as life circumstances and world events dictate. We champion the idea that a personalized financial plan is your steadfast path to financial security and confidence.
“You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know
where you are going because you might not get there.”
INVESTING WITH DISCIPLINE
Because financial planning and investment management are dynamic and fluid by nature, as circumstances and goals change over time, we make adjustments to your plan and investment portfolio.
We’ve found that a logically conceived, diversified investment and financial plan provides the framework to manage life’s unpredictable nature. Giving perspective in a big picture way helps all of us make better decisions in changing times.
INVEST WITH A PLAN™
THE 7 STEPS
- CLARIFY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- ASSESS RISK TOLERANCE
- DESIGN PERSONAL WEALTH PLAN
- DEVELOP INVESTMENT STRATEGY
- DETERMINE ACCOUNT STRUCTURE
- CONSTRUCT PORTFOLIO
- MONITOR, REBALANCE, MODIFY